High idle - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

High idle

This happened last weekend while it was raining really hard we crossed a few water holes nothing real deep. Once it got wet it idles at 3500 rpm we were close to our camp sight so I parked it and the next morning all was fine, the engine light was on while it had this issue.i was going to try to get the code the next day but the light is off sbd it runs awesome. Has anyone else had this issue ? Maybe just have to dielectric grease every connection
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snox31 View Post
This happened last weekend while it was raining really hard we crossed a few water holes nothing real deep. Once it got wet it idles at 3500 rpm we were close to our camp sight so I parked it and the next morning all was fine, the engine light was on while it had this issue.i was going to try to get the code the next day but the light is off sbd it runs awesome. Has anyone else had this issue ? Maybe just have to dielectric grease every connection
Did you ever figure anything out on this? I have noticed mine will occasionally do the very same thing after I wash it! I wouldn't mind solving the issue if you know what it was!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page