Glass Full Windshield - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Glass Full Windshield

Riding with my buds at Ocotillo Wells last weekend, my friend with a 2015 RZR XP1000 had a VERY Temper'd glass windshield. Yep, Glass! He also has a hard plastic/poly style rear. If you've ridden Ocotillo then you know how dusty it can get. He rode behind me most of the day with a half helmet and sunglasses and was never bothered by any dust or dirt. At the end of the day his machine was amazingly clean inside. The best part is, it won't scratch like the plastic Yamaha is offering us for the YXZ. And, it was sealed top to bottom, mounted with these quick clamps that were pretty dang cool so he could remove it in a flash. Yamaha's has gaps everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Yamaha but I also think they need to step it up with things like a better windshield and a better alternator system! $700 for an alternator. Really? Come on Yamaha!

Thanks for letting me vent. Still love my machine!
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 04:29 PM

So what exactly would you like to see as the change made in the company? Better customer support? Including more in stock models?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:35 PM

My buddy has a glass windshield on his Rzr. It's very nice and doesn't seem to hold on to dust like the plastic. He can go all day without having to wipe it clean.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page