Heavier Flywheel? - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By ALBANATE
  • 1 Post By jcooksey
  • 1 Post By jcooksey

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Heavier Flywheel?

I would like to try the Alba or Hess Racing heavier flywheel . My question is will this affect the longevity of my engine as far as cranks shaft , or crankshaft bearings, or any other adverse affects?
I have heard that the heavier flywheel increases tractability and power delivery but before I install one I would like to know the downside.
Thanks Jim Cooksey
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 12:51 PM

We have seen zero adverse effects from the use of the heavier flywheel. It is probably one of the best bang for the buck parts we offer. The increase in drive ability is insane. We had a sale going a week or 2 ago, and I would be happy to offer you that sale price if you would like to try one. $169 shipped.

Nate
Alba Racing
Rolfs likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

The Best !!!

Nate I installed that flywheel I purchased from you guys and by far it has made my machine so much more controllable over the extremely rough stuff like the bowling ball size rocks we have here in the Nevada desert. I highly recommend this to anyone that owns one of these machines ! Not to mention the installation is a piece of cake!
Thanks Jim Cooksey
Henderson NV
Rolfs likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Do I need to mention that after this flywheel mod , screw the clutch upgrades and transmission mods, this thing is awesome now!!!
Rolfs likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:25 AM

2016 stock clutch stock gears mpi 155hp turbo, using 30" maxxis conavors with msa m21 lok 7" rims havent even tried them as of yet for all around and for trails, 28" sand drifters with douglas wheels for dune riding.
Here is my question if i do the Hess flywheel add on will it help save the clutch in the trails and second will it kill my getty up and go speed on the dunes. Plan on going to taylor park this summer to ride the trails in colorado and go to the dunes in Oklahoma
Opinions

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page