Yxz1000r SS SE Transmission Slipping - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Yxz1000r SS SE Transmission Slipping

2017 Yxz1000r SS has 8.5 hours on it and rekluse clutch seems to be slipping gas it in any gear while already rolling rpms jump up then you can feel it pulling. Any recommendations ?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 03:14 PM

Garage
this is the paddle shift model??? if it is does the warning light come on?? is there a warning code of 5H_46 ? which is is engine crank speed does not match speedo speed
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 05:44 PM

I have a 2017 SS/SE with less than 10 hrs. I have no Rekluse clutch - why would that be used on the YCC-S system, I assumed that was only for the manual shift?

I'm still trying to break in the machine. While out riding it got stuck in a higher gear, like 4th, on a hill. It wouldn't shift into any other gear, not recognizing paddle shift inputs. It wouldn't spin the tires in 2wd or 4wd mode. It would engage/disengage the clutch at 2 second intervals, that's the only way I could get out of there. I saw the flashing red "I" light as well as a sh_146, or sh_46 type code. The gear shift indicator on the dash also blanked out. It took me 30 seconds or so to get off the hill, no option of turning around going down the hill.

After getting on level ground I shut off the ignition and restarted it. I was able to shift gears again but the clutch would slip heavily above 6000 rpm. Babying it on my way back to the trailer it got stuck in 4th again (no paddle input recognized) and stalled upon stopping. I restarted and it initialized to neutral and I was able to shift again but still with clutch slipping at higher rpm.

WTF? This appears like two problems - transmission computer and mechanical clutch slipping. It's at the dealer now waiting for Yamaha to approve warranty work. I'm trying to negotiate with them to use the Tubeworks improved clutch boss and diaphragm spring.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 02:52 PM

I hope you figure this out. I have heard of the shift linkage bolt backing out causing an SH_XX error of some kind causing the vehicle to be stuck in a certain gear. This issue has happened on several models.

Chris
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 01:10 AM

Vader. any updates on this issue. My vehicle started doing the same with the code and my dealership could not duplicate the issue and is charging me for diagnosis without fixing my issue.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page