Experience With Motul Engine Oils - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Experience With Motul Engine Oils

Good Evening Fellow SxS Enthusiasts

I am new to this forum, so I hope this is the best place to toss this thread.

I have been researching into Motul Engine oils for use in my Yxz. I recently bought an '18 SS/SE that was used (only 450 miles) and to my surprise, I witnessed for the first time in my life "Red" colored engine oil on the dipstick! It's a pretty alarming thing to see when I had no idea prior to this that a manufacturer ever Dyed their oil red. So...looking into this more, I had come to find out that the prev. owner used Motul. So far I have only been able to clarify the brand, but beyond that, I can either guess that its probably 7100 4T or ATV/SxS Power 4T (I have only so far found out that these two variants are in fact Red in color). It doesn't appear to be a very popular choice, based on what I have been able to dig up online, but anyone that has had experience with Motul has really seemed to give it fantastic reviews.

So in my endeavor to find out more, I happened upon this site. Have any of you used Motul in your YXZ and what kind of experience do you have with it?

I will probably continue with this brand unless there is some evidence it causes issues in these machines, though I'm kind of stuck on which variant of it to continue with, since I can't seem to find out which of these two is actually used in this machine. I have found zero info anywhere on experience with the SxS Power 4T variant as of yet.

Thanks
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 01:54 PM

ive used it in my 2016 since my very first oil change. but im using there 5100 10w-40 and i have had no engine problems yet and have over 5,000 miles on mine

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page