- All-new three-cylinder engine representing the pinnacle of innovation for Yamaha WaveRunner® personal watercraft and Yamaha Engine Technology.
- Yamaha’s Goal: Create a smaller, lighter, yet more powerful engine than the MR-1 engine that has powered Yamaha’s VX WaveRunner personal watercraft to the top of the sales charts for more than a decade.
- Introducing the TR-1 High Output engine that is 40% smaller, 20% lighter weight, but it is 13% more powerful.
- The benefit for riders: quicker acceleration, higher top-end speeds, better fuel efficiency and a more fun ride.
- Yamaha is world-renowned for manufacturing the highest performance, most reliable engines in the marine industry. For 2016, Yamaha is introducing an all-new marine motor to be featured in its V1 Series and VX WaveRunner personal watercraft (excluding VX Cruiser HO).
- The new Yamaha TR-1 marine engine is the pinnacle of engine innovation. Yamaha set out to build a more powerful engine than its predecessor, while also making it smaller, and lighter.
The TR-1 motor achieves just that, in a package with one less cylinder that is 13 percent more powerful than the YAMAHA MR-1 engine that it is replacing, while being 40 percent smaller in size and 20 percent lighter in weight.
Yamaha achieved this by eliminating a reduction gear, integrating the oil tank, attaching the ECU/Air filter to the EG, and eliminating the need for certain parts.
The result is quicker acceleration, higher top-end speeds, with better fuel economy and more fun for the rider.
Yamaha TR-1 Marine Engine Specifications:
Engine: Three cylinder, 4 stroke, 1049cc Yamaha Marine Engine Lubrication: Wet sump
Fuel: Regular unleaded
Weight: 160 pounds
Dimensions: L: 30”, W: 21”, H: 19”