Tire replacement - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Tire replacement

Just was curious, what kind of tires you everyday trail riders etc were going with for a more DOT all terrain tread pattern. Wanting to get into something that has plenty of grip, but also won't get wasted on pavement or hard pack.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 10:15 PM

I was happy with the stock tires till I shattered the rears on our AZ rocks.

I almost bought the EFX Motoclaw, 8ply, DOT, but they only had 1 sized in 27" and I worried about size difference front to back on the stock staggered rims. I still might try them eventually.

What I did put on the rears are the Maxxis Corranodo, 8ply, but not DOT. Only got about 200 miles on them, like them so far. Hoping they work in the dunes as well as the Bighorn2.0.

Strange thing. The Bighorn2.0 made machine pull hard to the right on pavement, regardless of psi. The Maxxis Corranodo on the rear and now tracks straight down the pavement, no changes to suspension nor toe-in.

My goal is to have one set of tires that survive rocky trails and still climbs good at the dunes.

Eager to hear others experiences.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page