ITP Cryptid 30's, thoughts? - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

ITP Cryptid 30's, thoughts?

I'm in the process of buying a YXZ 1000R SS SE, I live on the North East coast (think Maine), we have mostly trail, bog/skeg, fire roads and lots of water. I'm looking for a decent mud tire that will get me through any average mud conditions and most trail conditions.

I caught an episode of DirtTrax where they review the Cryptid , seems to be a good tire.

My concern is running 30's that the Cryptid weigh about 43 lbs vs the big horns that I think are about 35 lbs might put too much stress on the YXZ.

Any thoughts if they will be rub with these 30's?
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 12:29 AM

I have the cryptid 30x10x14, Rekluse, 70/30 torque assist, Alba full header and exhaust, heavy hitter flywheel, Tuned and don't want to burst your bubble but it can't spin the tires in skeg or heavy mud, just bogs, and stuck at 3000 rpm u gotta pop the clutch at like 5000 rpm, runs out of power, problem is even with the gear reduction kit the bike still does 20 mph+ in first gear on 30s, so cruising at 3 - 8 mph bike is barely getting off the clutch 2000 - 3000 rpm, engine starts making power at 5000 rpm, so 10 mph plus,

so now dumping the clutch at 5000 + rpm when ur stuck to try to get it to move = 2x broken axles and a stripped front diff, 1500$ later I'm now debating between 26 or 28 zillas and selling my cryptids

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page