Soon to be released Areocharger Turbo Kit for YXZ. "First to boost, first to win" - Page 2 - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 04:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixto View Post
I like the MPI kit because they've been working with the turbo/triple combo for like 10 years... were they factory installed turbos or bolt ons?
Factory installed .. and I have to correct myself the push turbo was on a nytro and the other .. not sure what kind of turbo.. I just assumed push.. was on the Viper.. but basically same motor just different set up. .

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 04:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfs View Post
Factory installed .. and I have to correct myself the push turbo was on a nytro and the other .. not sure what kind of turbo.. I just assumed push.. was on the Viper.. but basically same motor just different set up. .
.. aaah I meant NOT factory installed.. I meant dealer installed but yamaha approved or however they do that.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 04:45 PM

Garage
.. sorry I'm not extremely knowledgeable on this subject.. I've never actually had a turbo on any of my own stuff.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 04:55 PM

Garage
In the little bit of research I've done I'm wondering if a supercharger might be a bit more reliable / safer.. it seems to me there's less heat and less likely to fail and over boost.. right?? I've talked to a lot of turbo guys and it sure seems that a lot of them (or at least too many to make me comfortable with spending $5K on a turbo myself) have had over-boost issues leading to catastrophe..
Also.. and keep in mind I've drawn conclusions on only a small amount of research and almost no experience.. it seems like a super might have less potential for max HP and making numbers look good on a dyno (which it seems is all that matters to a lot of guys) but might transfer better real world. I would think there' s a little better response and predictability with a super.. any one with an unbiased opinion and some experience have any input here? it'd be much appreciated.

allterrain and i10fwy like this.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO_Kroh View Post
A fuel programmer that is pre tuned.
How does this work if you have other modifications done already or want to add some more boost later on? Can this be adjusted or is it useless at this point and require "custom" tuning?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfs View Post
In the little bit of research I've done I'm wondering if a supercharger might be a bit more reliable / safer.. it seems to me there's less heat and less likely to fail and over boost.. right?? I've talked to a lot of turbo guys and it sure seems that a lot of them (or at least too many to make me comfortable with spending $5K on a turbo myself) have had over-boost issues leading to catastrophe..
Also.. and keep in mind I've drawn conclusions on only a small amount of research and almost no experience.. it seems like a super might have less potential for max HP and making numbers look good on a dyno (which it seems is all that matters to a lot of guys) but might transfer better real world. I would think there' s a little better response and predictability with a super.. any one with an unbiased opinion and some experience have any input here? it'd be much appreciated.
Superchargers are better in that case and when it comes to power delivery since how power is delivered is linear.

Rolfs likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page