• 1 Post By yell16
  • 1 Post By ALBANATE
  • 1 Post By Rolfs
  • 1 Post By ShiftNitSE
  • 1 Post By DesertYam

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Looking to turbo my new 16'

Just picked up a new 2016 YXZ1000R and love it! It definitely rips stock, however being human, I want more!

I see a couple turbo kits available and have some questions if anyone can assist being new to this stuff.

I see some info on the Hurricane kit with the Garrett turbo being used, does anyone have the specs on the Mitsubishi turbo used in the MPI kit? I would like to check into it to see if it will allow for any room to grow down the road or be flanged to allow anything larger to "drop-in" down the road as well if not. What is used in the stage 2 and 3 kits, same turbo?

Being new to the UTV/ATV stuff, how is fueling increased for the new found air? I see MPI provides a controller, does that just add a new tune that will allow for more fuel with the turbo kit or is it adjustable if Iw ant to tweak and change some parts down the road? Are any bigger/larger fuel components needed at a higher power level if I want to turn it up, I see they have some higher stage kits for more power, curious as to what is needed for fueling/tuning on these.

Claims 155hp from MPI and 180hp from Hurricane, are these engine horsepower or to the wheels?

I like how Hurricane advertises more power however if that is just HP and MPI is power to the wheels, they would really be quite similar. Just trying to gain some info before making a decision on which one to add to my 60th anniversary.
Rolfs likes this.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 05:09 PM

Don't forget about the K&T Performance kit! Top mount stainless manifold, Garrett ball bearing turbo, Tial external wastegate, under bed intercooler with fans... absolutely a beautiful kit that produces some great numbers. We saw over 165 rwhp @ 7psi!

Nate
Alba Racing
Rolfs likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 01:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBANATE View Post
Don't forget about the K&T Performance kit! Top mount stainless manifold, Garrett ball bearing turbo, Tial external wastegate, under bed intercooler with fans... absolutely a beautiful kit that produces some great numbers. We saw over 165 rwhp @ 7psi!

Nate
Alba Racing
Nate,
how much for the kit and where can I get it?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 12:49 PM

We are taking pre-orders on the first run of them. Retail is $5995. Who is admin here? Might need to talk to them about a vendor account of something. Dont want to step on any toes...

Nate
Alba Racing
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yell16 View Post
Just picked up a new 2016 YXZ1000R and love it! It definitely rips stock, however being human, I want more!

I see a couple turbo kits available and have some questions if anyone can assist being new to this stuff.

I see some info on the Hurricane kit with the Garrett turbo being used, does anyone have the specs on the Mitsubishi turbo used in the MPI kit? I would like to check into it to see if it will allow for any room to grow down the road or be flanged to allow anything larger to "drop-in" down the road as well if not. What is used in the stage 2 and 3 kits, same turbo?

Being new to the UTV/ATV stuff, how is fueling increased for the new found air? I see MPI provides a controller, does that just add a new tune that will allow for more fuel with the turbo kit or is it adjustable if Iw ant to tweak and change some parts down the road? Are any bigger/larger fuel components needed at a higher power level if I want to turn it up, I see they have some higher stage kits for more power, curious as to what is needed for fueling/tuning on these.

Claims 155hp from MPI and 180hp from Hurricane, are these engine horsepower or to the wheels?

I like how Hurricane advertises more power however if that is just HP and MPI is power to the wheels, they would really be quite similar. Just trying to gain some info before making a decision on which one to add to my 60th anniversary.
Hey man welcome to the boards, looks like you've found some good help
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 12:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBANATE View Post
We are taking pre-orders on the first run of them. Retail is $5995. Who is admin here? Might need to talk to them about a vendor account of something. Dont want to step on any toes...

Nate
Alba Racing

I posted a while ago about superchargers vs turbo.. I dont have any experience with either.. in the little bit of research ive done, a super seems like it might be a little better.. better response, less heat.. less chance for over boost.. right? or am I off base with that? .. (please correct me if im wrong) .. I realize though that they may be a little harder to fit to the machine and more expensive though..
Any chance anyone is working on a super for the YXZ?

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 12:45 AM

Garage
... also possibly a little better with making lower RPM power too.. ? I think that would be big for the YXZ..

ShiftNitSE likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 10:31 AM

Garage
low end power is what I'm looking for
allterrain likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftNitSE View Post
low end power is what I'm looking for
Same here, won't care for mass amounts of power but instead what enough to bump power numbers up enough. Which should make for an affordable and effective setup.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 11:14 AM

A supercharger should build better low end torque but I don't think I've seen one out yet for the YXZ, just turbos for now.
Rolfs likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page