E85 with Flex Fuel Sensor - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

E85 with Flex Fuel Sensor

Have the MPI turbo and am searching for who has a kit with the flex fuel sensor and fuel map modifier to run E85 straight or any combination with pump gas. The tuning community of hotrodders can do it, why shouldn't we? The cooling effect is worth it, especially under boost.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 08:50 PM

it's not that easy or it would have been done already, you have to tune for it based on how much boost , adjust timing and increase your injector cycle to handle it. you could get a power commander and build a map for it once and have it as a switchable map, but if your looking to add a flex sensor and set it up using that you need to also program the ecu for E85 and tune for it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

You're right. I use HPTuner software to program my gm stuff, you'll have to do some dyno and real world tuning to get E85 safe for the YXZ.

So, once the package is developed (the hard part), then it is as simple as adding stuff, just as easy as adding the MPI turbo to begin with.

I've seen great benefits come from E85 cooling the intake while under boost, I'm eagerly anticipating the development for the YXZ.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyolds2000 View Post
You're right. I use HPTuner software to program my gm stuff, you'll have to do some dyno and real world tuning to get E85 safe for the YXZ.

So, once the package is developed (the hard part), then it is as simple as adding stuff, just as easy as adding the MPI turbo to begin with.

I've seen great benefits come from E85 cooling the intake while under boost, I'm eagerly anticipating the development for the YXZ.
E 85 is a cheap race fuel lol , because of the limited stations sometimes it can be hard to find, I have tuned many cars using E85 and it does very well, it's just the lack of stations, most recent we have been doing w/m and find if tuned correctly works great and you don't have to change injectors but you do need a fail safe, but that is another option
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 07:20 PM

My problem has been E85 actually varies from station to station. I bought a tester cheat from Summit Racing. I have found from 50 to 70 percent in my area. I bought a drum of racing E85. It actually checked 85 percent.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 01:21 AM

I have been developing the MoTeC M1 ECU kit for the YXZ, and was actually curious if flex fuel was of interest. I use it on many other platforms I work on. It looks like adding it to the YXZ software package would be a good idea!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page