• 1 Post By Silber
  • 1 Post By ShiftNitSE
  • 1 Post By Rolfs
  • 1 Post By 16yxzse

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Silber Turbos pictures and information

Hello forum members,

We wanted to start a thread to give the Yxz community more information on our turbo kit. We have designed a bolt on turbo system at a fair price of $2800. These kits come complete with everything needed to get up and running. Boost is fully adjustable however we don't suggest running over 7 psi without proper engine modifications.

The SILBER system is equipped with a tubular turbo manifold, which places the kPa 2252 turbocharger close to the exhaust energy, this allows the turbocharger to spool up faster than a turbocharger placed further down the exhaust stream. The down pipe adapts to the stock muffler keeping the system noise compliant. If you prefer a louder exhaust system it will work great with all the aftermarket slip on exhaust systems available.

Charge air is delivered to the engine through the custom silicone charge tubes and cooled with the under bed mounted air to air intercooler with electric fan.

Air is filtered with a Donaldson air canister, fresh is is pulled from the same location between the seats as the oem, allowing the system to work great no matter what terrain you choose to ride.

All exhaust is 304 stainless steel. Fuel is delivered and controlled by the Dobeck fuel controller. We have been working and testing our exclusive ECU reflash which will be offer free of charge as an upgrade when we finish all the map development.

This turbo system is a great way to release some extra power from your Yxz without breaking the bank.

We understand lots of people are asking themselves how can offer reliable system for a bargain price compared to the competition. We have been stream lining parts for years building and selling thousand of turbo system the last 8 years. We have developed excellent relations with our suppliers and purchase in large volume to lower our cost, allowing us to pass these saving to the end user.

The other turbo systems on the market are also great turbo systems. This kit is designed for the active enthusiast that wants more power from the Yxz. The Yxz with any turbo system has its limitations due to the engine not being purpose built for a turbocharger. We highly suggest upgrading rods and Pistons if you plan on turning the boost up past 7 psi. If your engine is built we have successfully tested the turbo system to 15 psi of boost.

Feel free to contact us anytime for with any questions or concerns you may have.

Please enjoy this thread, we hope members find it helpful.

Have fun and ride safe.
Rolfs likes this.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 10:57 AM

Garage
Damnit, I just order a $1,300.00 exhaust and fuel controller because I couldn't justify 4k on a turbo. Sounds like you've done your research and have a nice product here. I'll keep you in mind, I'm not sure if some of the racing series around here allow aftermarket turbos.
Rolfs likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 12:49 PM

Garage
This is pretty tempting.. Not sure if im remembering right.. and too lazy to look it up right now haha.. but I think the MPI is putting out like 5 pounds of boost and around 155 hp.. what kind of HP is the Silber putting out at 6 pounds?
Also, I have little experience with turbos.. any other upgrades or precautions you'd recommend with this kit staying at 6 pounds of boost?

..last question: I know a lot of add ons come with an estimated install time.. any idea on how long it'll take the avg grease monkey to install? just curious

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 12:54 PM

Garage
.. side note: for those of you who haven't seen it yet. Yamaha just came out with their sleds for 2017.. the Sidewinder. it looks like it's using basically the same motor as the YXZ but its got a factory turbo.. they are claiming around 185 HP... so, moral of the story.. if they feel good about boosting a 112 hp motor up to 185 on their factory machines.. especially with Yamaha being all about reliability.. I feel very comfortable with boosting this motor to 160 or so HP and still having a reliable machine.. just my 2 cents.

ShiftNitSE likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftNitSE View Post
Damnit, I just order a $1,300.00 exhaust and fuel controller because I couldn't justify 4k on a turbo. Sounds like you've done your research and have a nice product here. I'll keep you in mind, I'm not sure if some of the racing series around here allow aftermarket turbos.
The kits are currently on sale and you can get one for $2500
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 03:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silber View Post
The kits are currently on sale and you can get one for $2500
Hello,
I was talking with Justin from Silber by email but now my emails arent going through.. not sure if it's an issue on my end or yours.. I'm trying to get the high pressure waste gate actuator.. I'm trying to make 8-10 psi and im finally getting that out of it but it's making almost no boost until 7000 rpms.. getting stomped by a stock rzr turbo is NOT cool... right now my YXZ is no competition for the stock RZR turbo.. It should be kicking @$$ at 4 or 5 psi and I'm not even close to him at 8 because it makes no HP until it's practically wound tight already... my buddy with the rzr has a boost guage on it and his boost comes on right away.. hes making 5 or 6 pounds already while my needle isnt even off the bottom. I realize it's different machine but still..
Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I'm supposed to go on a trip this weekend with him and would rather not get my @$$ handed to me the whole time..

Thanks!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 09:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfs View Post
Hello,
I was talking with Justin from Silber by email but now my emails arent going through.. not sure if it's an issue on my end or yours.. I'm trying to get the high pressure waste gate actuator.. I'm trying to make 8-10 psi and im finally getting that out of it but it's making almost no boost until 7000 rpms.. getting stomped by a stock rzr turbo is NOT cool... right now my YXZ is no competition for the stock RZR turbo.. It should be kicking @$$ at 4 or 5 psi and I'm not even close to him at 8 because it makes no HP until it's practically wound tight already... my buddy with the rzr has a boost guage on it and his boost comes on right away.. hes making 5 or 6 pounds already while my needle isnt even off the bottom. I realize it's different machine but still..
Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I'm supposed to go on a trip this weekend with him and would rather not get my @$$ handed to me the whole time..

Thanks!

did this get sorted out?? was thinking of looking into this system or paying the extra $1000 for the mpi
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 01:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16yxzse View Post
did this get sorted out?? was thinking of looking into this system or paying the extra $1000 for the mpi
I actually made a boost leak tester and confirmed that its leaking through the waste gate so I sent the turbo back to them this morning. I totally understand things go wrong sometimes so I'm being as patient about it as possible .. if they send me a new turbo back and everything works well I would say get this kit. I will keep you posted on how it turns out.. I'm thinking by next weekend I will have it all squared away. I'll post a review then good or bad.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 02:35 PM

Garage
Thanks!!!
Rolfs likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page