Graves Exhaust System - Anyone? - Page 2 - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Apparently Weller now has the PowerCommander 5 for YXZ - https://www.wellerracing.com/Yamaha-...-5_p_3549.html Coolio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeling paint View Post
I had an xp 900 had an auto tune, great system .. here is my thought.
If you get your ecu flashed it will be set up for say just a pipe. but then you add an air box, or cam , or what ever. then you have to had your ecu re flashed to match. With the auto tune you set your target air fuel ratio to meet your needs. For max power you would also want to
re map your ignition .
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRunner View Post
I don't know about the Graves, but have heard a lot of good things about the Weller ECU reflash, with and without their exhaust system.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Buffalo View Post
I have the DynoJet Power Commander 5 and AutoTune for my Harley Dyna that has pipe, airflow, cams, lifters, etc so I'm definitely with ya on that piece. I was more wondering, to save some duckets initially, if I could remap my stock ECU for just the pipe and/or header. Again, just initially. As I said earlier the very first thing I always do with any motor purchased in CA is to rid the machine of the Cat Converter choking airflow.
Thanks again!
BTW, I fully plan on bringing this machine to it's fullest with all the goodies and farkles down the road but I've always been a believer in approaching it from a conservative angle. Ride it stock, see what you like and don't. Do one or two things at a time, ride it some more, rinse and repeat. Adding the full Monty from day one may, respectfully, be good for some but on a limited budget, I'd rather put my money where I know I need/want it.
Cheers!
ShiftNitSE likes this.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 06:09 PM

I raced the xp 900 3 yrs Short course racing . I sold the rzr and moved onto the yxz this is the first year racing it.
ShiftNitSE likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page