Graves Exhaust System - Anyone? - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Graves Exhaust System - Anyone?

Just picked up my YXZ last week. The very first thing I always do, living in lovely California, is get rid of the Catalytic plugs CARB makes manufactures put on all vehicles. Is chokes the bike and prevents good airflow. So I always focus first on letting air in, and letting air out.
The Graves system seems to be a solid option. Questions for the forum:
1 - Has anyone tried their system?
2 - I called Graves and they said I can use the stock EFU and just re-map it. They send the map and I just have to plug in and download it. No Power Commander or other unit necessary. Thoughts on this?

Thank you!
Steve
Rolfs likes this.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for the misspell. Obviously meant to say IT, being the cat converters that choke what's otherwise a great system.
Cheers
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 07:47 PM

Garage
I can't speak for the Graves system, but I just installed the DASA full system and fuel controller last night. Didn't get to spend a lot of time playing with it by the time I got done done but it feels much more responsive in the lower RPMs and sounds awesome. I would have a comparison video on youtube but I forgot to put a SD card in the GoPro lol. If it stops raining and I can get out of work at a decent time I'll try again, for now look up yxz goldrush supermoto practice on youtube...its not me but he has the DASA and it sounds awesome in my opinion....Ive heard one other system in person, can't remember the brand but it was a dual tip, which i don't care for and it was kind of obnoxious. just my opinion. I did consider the Graves but had heard the DASA in person and heard some good reviews....I think they claim 12hp gain and 8lbs weight savings.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback! Still wondering about fuel management and remapping. Is it necessary to have an external device or can you remap the stock ECU?

Cheers,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftNitSE View Post
I can't speak for the Graves system, but I just installed the DASA full system and fuel controller last night. Didn't get to spend a lot of time playing with it by the time I got done done but it feels much more responsive in the lower RPMs and sounds awesome. I would have a comparison video on youtube but I forgot to put a SD card in the GoPro lol. If it stops raining and I can get out of work at a decent time I'll try again, for now look up yxz goldrush supermoto practice on youtube...its not me but he has the DASA and it sounds awesome in my opinion....Ive heard one other system in person, can't remember the brand but it was a dual tip, which i don't care for and it was kind of obnoxious. just my opinion. I did consider the Graves but had heard the DASA in person and heard some good reviews....I think they claim 12hp gain and 8lbs weight savings.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 08:49 AM

Garage
I'm not sure if DASA offers an ECU Flash, I think they may, I went with the DASA fuel controller for now and will probably get the power commander once available. The fuel controller has a ground and three plugs that hook into your fuel injectors, hooking into the injectors was a bit of a bit*h because of the dirt and sand packed in the plastic plugs it was hard to push the tab to unclip the plug but your machine looks much newer and cleaner than mine.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 02:51 PM

Garage
I don't know about the Graves, but have heard a lot of good things about the Weller ECU reflash, with and without their exhaust system.

2008 Rhino 700EFI 4
2016 YXZ 1000R Orange
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 08:56 PM

I had an xp 900 had an auto tune, great system .. here is my thought.
If you get your ecu flashed it will be set up for say just a pipe. but then you add an air box, or cam , or what ever. then you have to had your ecu re flashed to match. With the auto tune you set your target air fuel ratio to meet your needs. For max power you would also want to
re map your ignition .
ShiftNitSE likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:59 PM

Garage
DASA installed...
https://youtu.be/O5QvU0KdxRM
RiverRunner likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 11:27 PM

Garage
That sounds GREAT!
ShiftNitSE likes this.

2008 Rhino 700EFI 4
2016 YXZ 1000R Orange
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

I have the DynoJet Power Commander 5 and AutoTune for my Harley Dyna that has pipe, airflow, cams, lifters, etc so I'm definitely with ya on that piece. I was more wondering, to save some duckets initially, if I could remap my stock ECU for just the pipe and/or header. Again, just initially. As I said earlier the very first thing I always do with any motor purchased in CA is to rid the machine of the Cat Converter choking airflow.
Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeling paint View Post
I had an xp 900 had an auto tune, great system .. here is my thought.
If you get your ecu flashed it will be set up for say just a pipe. but then you add an air box, or cam , or what ever. then you have to had your ecu re flashed to match. With the auto tune you set your target air fuel ratio to meet your needs. For max power you would also want to
re map your ignition .
ShiftNitSE likes this.

Last edited by 1Buffalo; 03-11-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page