Anyone on here running 350+hp on their yxz? - Yamaha YXZ 1000R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Anyone on here running 350+hp on their yxz?

Im looking into buying a machine to rip in the dunes. I have a Polaris i will keep stock as a rescue machine I noticed Packard Performance has kits that make 500hp. Coming from the car world this power to weight is what im use too. My question is for those that know or have the 350+ power. Do the aftermarket parts hold this power? How often will the motor need a refresh/any aftermarket parts that dont hold up with this power? If you have dealt with Packard whats your experience with them.

thank you
Jake
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 11:15 PM

I currently have their stage 3 motor and premier Packard turbo kit. I waited a while to get this turbo. So far it's been about 8 months running 15+psi and my motor is holding great. Just fine tuning the clutch to hold the power. I built my motor and assembled the kit. I know i can turn it up and all my parts will hold fine. Just diff and axles are my issues now one i turn it up more. They are great guys to deal with just they are short handed with a lot of orders. So expect a delay. I'm sure if you want their turbo kit it is only an in house build only now. I may be the last kit they sold to consumer diy. Just call and ask. Any questions I'd be glad to help.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page